Amazon Pay is a service that lets you use the payment methods already associated with your Amazon account to make payments for goods, services, and donations on third-party websites, in apps, and using Alexa. To make a payment, you can use any of the payment methods on file in your Amazon account.
To integrate Amazon Pay in your workspace:
1. Go to the ‘Admin’ panel and under the ‘Integrations’ section, click ‘App Marketplace’
2. Under the ‘Payment Service Provider (PSP) Apps’, click ‘Create Account’ on the Amazon Pay panel.
3. You will then be redirected to the Configuration page. Make sure that you have an active Amazon Pay account before proceeding. Click the ‘Integrate with Amazon Pay’ to begin the integration.
4. Fill out all the required fields and click ‘Save‘ once done.
|Name||Identifies the name of your account|
|Active||Means that the integration is active|
|Live||Enables live payment transactions|
|Store Name||Business Name|
|Merchant ID||Seller ID|
|Store ID||Client ID|
|Public Key||A unique Amazon Pay identifier for the key pair|
|Region||Region where your merchant account was registered.|
|Private Key||.pem or .key file that is automatically downloaded upon creating the Key Pair|
When integrating Amazon Pay, it is important to note the following:
- You can only charge your buyer using the currency in which you receive your disbursements from Amazon Pay.
- The multi-currency feature is only available for merchants who has a registered Merchant Account for UK and EU. You can check Currencies to charge customers or see Supported Currencies.
- Enter valid Amazon Seller Keys. Otherwise, an error will be displayed to the customer when processing payments or when trying to login during authentication.
- You can use your Sandbox keys (if you have a developer account) when integration LIVE mode switch above is disabled.
- Make sure you use LIVE keys when integration is set live.
5. Once you have successfully integrated your account, you can now use it in your payment link.