Create Custom Field
Creating a custom field is like building a form. To create custom fields:
1. Go to the Admin panel.
2. Under the Configuration settings, click ‘Custom Fields’
3. Click the ‘Create’ button.
4. Set the name of your custom field and add the description. Choose which type of custom field you want to capture.
5. You can modify the type of custom field according to the type of information you want to capture. For example, if you want to capture “Date of Expiry”, then choose the date variable so that the field will follow the format of a date. If you want to capture an email, do not use the text field; instead, use the email field so that the system can validate the email address. To learn more about the use of each form variable, click here.
6. You can also restrict the visibility of these custom fields. You can allow only specific vendors or departments to view the custom field you have created. Any vendors or departments that are not specified will not be able to view this custom field.
7. Once done, click on the ‘Save Custom Field’ button.
Import List of Options Data
One commonly used form field is the ‘List of Options’. This is used when you want a respondent to choose an answer from the multiple lists of options. In Saphyte, you can add up to 500 options in your list or you can also import your ‘List of Options’ in bulk.
When creating a custom field, choose ‘List of Options’ as the type.
Click the ‘+’ button to add your options manually. (This is recommended if your list of options are less than 15)
If you have more than 15 options, we recommend you to collate your list of options as an excel or text file and import them all at once. You can download the template to follow the format of the data.
To import, click ‘Import Options’, choose the file, and click ‘Upload’
Your list will be imported. Click ‘Save Custom Field’ to save your data.