Departments allow you to manage the different divisions of your organization that deals with a specific area of activity or expertise.
Moreover, departments create exclusivity. Any entries made by the users in a specific department are not visible to other users from other departments.
Example Scenario 1:
- User X from Department A added a new lead.
- User Y from Department B added a new lead.
- User X is unable to view the new lead that was added by User Y and vice versa.
Example Scenario 2:
- User X and User Q are from Department A.
- User Y and User Z are from Department B.
- Both User X and User Q added a new deal.
- User X is able to view the deal created by User Q and vice versa. (Provided that limited role is not enabled)
- User Y and User Z is unable to view User X’s and User Q’s deals.
1. To add departments, go to the Admin Panel.
2. Under the Team settings, click ‘Departments’.
3. Click the ‘Create’ button to initiate the creation of the departments.
4. Fill out the details of your department. Department Name is a required field. You can also associate Users and Vendors under the department you have created.
5. Click the ‘Save Department’ button to save your details.
The switch icon will allow you to enable or disable a department. A blue mark means that it is active. If the switch is grayed out, it means that it is inactive.